10 things to do in Door County in 2023
Door County, Wisconsin is a popular vacation destination located on a peninsula in Lake Michigan. It is known for its natural beauty, charming towns, and abundance of recreational activities. As you plan your 2023 vacation to Door County, here are 10 things you should add to your list. :
- Visit a state park: Door County has five state parks, including Peninsula State Park, which is the third-largest state park in Wisconsin. Many of the best views in Door County can be had during the day at Peninsula State Park, but at night, check out Newport State Park for the ultimate in stargazing.
- Take a boat tour: Door County is home to a number of boat tours, including sunset cruises, wildlife tours, and island tours. We highly recommend using the locally operated Northern Door County Boat Rental.
- Go hiking or biking: There are countless trails in Door County that are suitable for both hiking and biking, and even snowshoeing or cross country skiing during the wintertime.
- Visit a winery or brewery: Door County has countless wineries and breweries that offer tastings and tours. Our personal fave is Twelve Eleven Wine + Provisions just up the street from Northwoods Farmstead.
- Go fishing: Door County is known for its fishing, and there are many charters available to take you out on the water. We recommend checking out our friends Sid & Spencer at Silver Strike Fishing Charters.
- Explore the towns: Door County has a number of small towns, each with its own character and charm. Take some time to explore and shop at local stores and galleries. The most popular towns to visit are Sister BaySister Bay Rentals, Egg Harbor, Fish Creek, and Ellison Bay. Downtown Sister Bay is two minutes from the driveway of Northwoods Farmstead.
- Visit a beach: Door County has many public beaches, as well as several privately-owned beaches that offer amenities such as food and drinks.
- Play golf: Door County has several golf courses that offer scenic views of the surrounding area. The views are unbeatable at Peninsula State Park, or if you’re looking for a more family friendly activity with kids, check out a staple in northern Door County, The Red Putter Mini-Putt.
- Take a scenic drive: Door County is home to a number of scenic drives, including the Peninsula State Park Scenic Drive and the Door County Cherry Blossom Drive.
- Go birdwatching: Door County is home to countless bird species, and there are several birdwatching tours available in the area. Visiting Eagle Tower in Peninsula State Park will provide an opportunity to see many of these birds at eye-level from the top of the tower!